Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Restroom Confusion!


Traveling alone can be Hazardous. It can also be a bit humiliating when you are 16 years old.... Well, it sure was in my case.

I had been to my Grandmother's house which was a few hundred miles away from where I lived. So I had to change a few buses to get there.
I got onto the first bus and it was a 3 hour journey. Then, I got into another. This would lead me straight to her house. I managed to get a seat next to the Window. Yay!
But then...."I had to do it. Nature's Call!"
I managed to convince myself that I could wait. But the Window seat was a bad thing to have that day. I saw a Roadside Restroom. There it was. Welcoming me. Glowing besides all the shops around it. The bus would still wait for an entire 15 minutes. So I managed to convince myself to get to the Restroom.

There were three stalls. The first one was taken, so I took the second one.
I had just sat down when I heard a voice from the other stall...
"Hi there, How are you doing?"

My parents had warned me not to speak to strangers. And not to speak to them, if I was in a Washroom (OK, they didn't say that!)
Anyways, I didn't answer him, but then again... "Hello? Hey, how are you?"
I couldn't ignore him again, so I said, "Not bad..."
Pop came the next question, "
So, what are you doing?"
I couldn't answer that, so I just kept quite. Another question fired away. "Out? Where are you going?"
It sounded really weird, so I just wanted to answer him and get out of the place, "Well, to a relative's house..."
His voice again. But this time they were just whispers, "
Look, I'll call you back. Every time I ask you a question, there is this Idiot next to the stall who answers me!"

Oh my God! How can I be that stupid. I was speaking to a guy who wasn't speaking to me!


I couldn't ignore his next question. It was for me, "Hey who the hell are you. You think you are funny?"

I couldn't utter a thing but then, presence of mind....
I yelled back, "Sir keep your voice down. I am on a call here."
He was dumbfound. He kept quite while I pretended to say a few extra lines and then a Goodbye.

Then he spoke, "Hey where you on a Call too?"
I said an unconvincing Yes!
And then there was a roar of laughter.Well, it was only him. He said, "I thought you were acting funny and trying to tease me." And then again, "Oh my God! That was funny." All I could do was laugh with him.


We departed from the Washroom with a friendly handshake. I got back to my bus and to my window Seat.
What makes this story interesting was I never had a Mobile Phone. Presence of mind sure works in the Restroom!


8 comments:

  1. That really happened to you..gosh...that was really funny..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hysterical. Quick thinking on your part, made what could have been a really bad situation and very memorable mishap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that the first part of the situation was taken from a joke, but when you added that presence of mind thing, it definitely became original.

    "Sir keep your voice down. I am on a call here."

    Haha! That line is a fugging killer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LaLa: I wonder sometimes, why they happen to me....lol

    Michael: It could have been a real bad situation. So maybe, Nature helped me during its Call...:)
    Anyways, thanks for dropping by Michael.

    Ryhen: Well, I thought, the whole thing was a Joke though. i.e, once I had returned to the Bus...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, Mr.Stupid, you're a genius! You fooled the next-stall guy and got to tell this story.
    Hilarious.

    Presence of mind, within the toilet stalls is indeed a saviour. He He He. Keep writing these stories!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! And very quick thinking on your part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man I laughed so hard on this one.
    That was friggin hilarious!
    That was amazing quick thinking on your part, Kudos to ya.
    Another great post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shanaz: And that's why Nature always helps you during its Call! hehe

    Kathleen: Thank you so much for dropping by and thanks for the appreciation. I hardly get them... lol

    Al'eh: Thanks for dropping by. Glad you liked it...:)

    ReplyDelete