Thursday, July 29, 2010

Show And Tell : The Secret

Show and Tell was there again. Mrs. Yells at me was really angry after what I did with Spongy Man.

She stared at me and said "Can you please give a nice Show and Tell this time?"

"Yes!"


Mrs. Yells at me wanted me to go first this time "Alright, you can begin."

"Today for Show and Tell, I have this,"
I held out my clasped hands.

"Why don't you open your hands and show the class what you've brought."

"No! Today for Show and Tell, I refuse to show what I've brought."

"Why?"
Mrs. Yells at me was surprised.

"There happen to be many reasons. But all I can say is, I refuse to talk about the thing in my hands."

"The idea of Show and Tell is to show the class..."

"In my hands is a mystery,"
I interrupted her. "This mystery will haunt you for the rest of your puny miserable lives. In my hands is a Secret which you will never know. You may beg or cry and even give me chocolates as a bribe. But NO! You guys will never get to see it."


"Well,"
Mrs. Yells at me had huge eyes now. "You may sit down in that case. Thank you for that wonderful Show and Tell."

"I am not done yet. As I was saying, I'll keep this secret away from everyone and hold my hands clasped this way forever. Nobody will know what's in them. Including the President."

"The president?"
Miss Big Help sounded confused.

"Yes. I will later bury it somewhere safe so that nobody can have a look. And even if I show it to people, I'll never let you have a look, Miss Big Help!"

"Hey,"
she yelled.

"Can you hand it over..."

"No!"
I interrupted Mrs. Yells at me again. "I won't bury it. I'll throw it far away in Space. That way, it will take astronauts millions of years to find it. This day will be remembered for when all you kids including the teacher never got to see the secret in my hands. This day will also be remembered for the Show and Tell that was never shown or told!"


Mrs. Yells at me was really angry. She came over and asked me to hand over the secret. I didn't want to. So, I ran. She chased me around the class and after five minutes of screaming, panting and yelling, I was caught. She opened my clasped hands.

The kids behind were all cheering. Everyone was expecting something really huge and shiny. But they were in for a shock when Mrs. Yells at me picked the secret from my hands and showed it to the entire class.


I was in the Principal's chamber. Mr. Principal wasn't happy. He stared at the secret. It was placed on his table. My parents were called and as always, they were stunned.

Mr. Principal looked at me and said "You did all that to keep a pebble in your hands?"

"That's not a pebble."

"Oh yeah, this is a white pebble."
Mrs. Yells at me added.

"I should have listened to Agent 17.3 and Agent 16.2,"

"What's he talking about?"
Mr. Principal asked my parents.
My mom looked like she hadn't heard a thing and my dad blurted out something.
"I'll tell you,"
I said. "Agent 17.3 and Agent 16.2 are aliens. They handed the white stone to me this morning and said that nobody's brain was as advanced as mine. They had warned me that your eyes could only see this as a white pebble and not as a strange thing found in space."


Everyone in the room were now shocked. They looked at each other but didn't say a thing. A little while later, it was confirmed that the pebble was a part of our Driveway. My parents were happy that the case was solved. Though, Mr. Principal and Mrs. Yells at me continued staring...

Image Source:
Google Images

46 comments:

  1. How much time did you spend in the principal's office, versus class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know where you get yout weirdness.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! This was the best Show and Tell yet! Thank you so much for making me laugh, Mr. Stupid. Honestly, though, Mrs. Yells at me is an incredibly patient teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think this happened. I don't think you exist. Mind you, sometimes I don't think I exist either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was my first comment of the day and I had such a laugh, thanks for starting my day off on a right foot,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the suspense, and your creativity, with these Show and Tell stories, MrS.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha... just a white pebble!!
    They all silly, except Mr. S...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pebble? Well who would have guessed, sheer genius really. A Mensa mentality.

    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL why didn't they just give you a desk in the Principals office and cut out the middle man!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these posts. I almost thought you weren't going to reveal the secret.

    Someone should turn your stories into a movie or tv show.

    You are welcome for the award. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol. the aliens...they were right...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you, you got them thinking. Just a little doubt can open minds. What a brave little soldier you are.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nobody ever believed you, did they?

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, that's hysterical! Loved the ending. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish when I was a kid that you were in my class.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First time here, and whatever just happened has me grinning still. Very creative!!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  17. all's well that ends well, eh??? but, did you manage to take the stone with you when you left the principal's office???

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those darn people. They just never understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Why do I have a vision of Mrs. Yells clutching a bottle of bourbon, with a sever shoulder twitch and rocking back and forth in a corner muttering incoherently?

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's why it was suppose to be kept a secret.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel sorry for Mrs. Yells..nice teacher but boy she does get stressed by you LMAO. If only she understood how your mind works, it would be smooth sailing all the way through. And that pebble must have landed on your porch from Pluto, the aliens 17.3 and 16.2 do they talk to you often Mr. Stupid?

    Thank you for making my Friday so loony :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. If they swallow the white pebble, only then the secret can be revealed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Silly. I'm glad I know now not to insist on seeing something one of my first-graders brings in if they tell me we can't see it. Thanks for letting me know what not to do as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can relate almost. I'm a very eccentric person at heart, probably because my imagination is huge and wild. I mean, I think small white feathers are angel feathers!!! They might be, don't get me wrong or anything....

    ReplyDelete
  26. You were such a misunderstood child...

    ReplyDelete
  27. What fun! I guess it just goes to show how an ordinary object can be taken out of context...

    ReplyDelete
  28. A white pebble from the driveway? LOL! Mr S, you need to calm your hyper-mischievous energy down. Mrs Yells at you sure didn't yell this time. It's time to change her name to Mrs Stares At You.

    Have a beautiful day, Mr MischiV!

    ReplyDelete
  29. We have little boys like that in our preschool class...They're always my favorite ones!!

    Stopping by to say Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a surprise, Mrs. Yell lets you go first this time! I think if she could, she would strangle you LOL! And off to the principal office again Mr. S

    ReplyDelete
  31. My show and tell's were never this much fun! :D You certainly were a highly intelligent child, Mr. Stupid. And I note most of these stories end with, "I was in the Principal's chamber." See a pattern emerging? :D Thank you once again for making me laugh out loud :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. A pebble from outer space only aliens can see or a pebble from a driveway? Honest mistake.

    I hope you got points for making Show and Tell interesting. Most kids bring in boring toys and babble on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi! You have an interesting blog here!! Fellow Mister!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my goodness Mr S ... you never fail to put a smile on my dial. I love your little kid imagination. You were a little diamond in the rough...if only the teacher could have seen that. Possibly & probably likely to be a future author of some fabulous series of childrens books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are a true Master of The Show and Tell. And I think it was a wise move to keep that white pebble a secret, no matter how much you peed off Mrs. Yells and everyone else. I still have my white pebble from the aliens when they visited me.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great show and tell story. You sure have a wild imagination Mr. Stupid. I love your Show and Tell stories.

    ~Gina~
    motherof1princessand2princes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. ughhhh Mrs. yells needed to retire..... I thought that was the most creative show and tell...I would have paid $ to see her chase you..

    ReplyDelete
  38. What else can we expect, these earthlings are idiots!

    ReplyDelete
  39. You are indeed a true genius of braintastic proportions! No wonder they couldn't see the strange space thing for what it was! You're just far too advanced for the rest of us mere mortals!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Aw! And I thought it was the white pebble from Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  41. All I can think of is I feel sorry for your teacher....

    ReplyDelete
  42. Are you by any chance the next Jacob?!! :) You certainly had a wonderful imagination in childhood too :) :)

    Njoy the Sunday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. You always crack me up with your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Very clever; I thought the secret was what you could creative with your hands n' mind. Love it~

    ReplyDelete
  45. This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much.

    BEST TIPS TO FRENCH KISS A GIRL.

    ReplyDelete